Presidential Elections 2020: What's Your Strategy?

I really love being an American and living in such a beautiful country. I honor our great laws, values, and government, and I am so concerned about the abuse of power President Trump and his Republican cronies have supported in the past few years. When a president shows no interest in the bogus influence of a foreign country on our government, and when a president's closest advisors have been repeatedly arrested or part of a alarming revolving door of advisors/administrators, there's clearly a problem at hand. Further when a President of the United States doesn't follow simple norms of civility, respect, and character that problem becomes greater, and when a president stays silent in the face of prejudice, discrimination, and inhumanity, the kind that's at play at the border, we clearly have a leader who does not respect the essence of our country's value which is the goal of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all."

American has a big problem right now, and that's President Trump and his alarming, self serving, Republican cronies who demonstrate more care for their pocketbooks and power than they do for our country's long term health, freedom, and success.

We're living with a President who has heightened the country's debt greatly--that puts all of us at risk. We're living with a President who uses cronyism to fill administrative posts diluting the power and potential those posts hold for good government and a strong future. We're living with a President who continually abuses his power with slick marketing tactics to increase his own power and pocketbook. This is problematic.

I'm only one person, so what can I do in the face of this injustice?

First, I'll do my work well. I'll strive to illustrate my belief in our country's great potential and freedoms in the way I teach, parent, and use my time towards betterment.

Next, I'll do what I can to learn about the potential and problems in our country today. I'll read, study, converse, and work towards the best possible America.

And as for the 2020 election, I'll begin by reading as much as I can about those who are running for President. I'll study their policies and beliefs, and eventually put my efforts behind a candidate or candidates who have the ideas and experience that can truly bring our country ahead.

I will not listen to all the outdated naysayers who are more concerned with who can win than what's best for our country. I believe that we need to support the best possible candidates--candidates who promise to put their energy into forwarding fair taxation, good environmental policy, peaceful global relations, a fair standard of living for all citizens, collaborative win-win policies related to trade, immigration, environmental protections, and in general, the positive future of the planet and space exploration. I want a leader who values good intelligence, education, and experience when hiring administrative staff and department leaders, a leader who does not choose cronies over well-prepared and well-educated leaders.

I am not giving up on this great country. I am not giving in to those who want to trick me, demean me, and obstruct my will to learn about and support the good people out there who want to take our country ahead, good people who respect laws, education, experience, and positive world relations.

Further, I will keep my eyes open towards those who will to trick us. I will block, mute, and report suspicious social media activity, false reports, and bogus analyses.

We can do better America--time to work in that direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Time to Impeach Trump

Be a Change Maker: Develop the Good that Exists

Trump Times: Indictment