I don't have all the answers

I am one American who sees the world with one set of eyes and one person's experience of life. I don't have all the answers.

I do, however, believe I share multiple beliefs and values with all or almost all Americans including the following:

  • I value freedom of speech, freedom of press, and freedom of religion.
  • I value the freedom to own a gun, however I believe it's time in the modern world to regulate that freedom so that those who are irresponsible, unhealthy, or unable to safely operate a gun are not able to own guns. Too many Americans have senselessly and violently lost their lives via poor, irresponsible, and criminal use of guns.
  • I value America's aim to work for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for every American
  • I value a country that prides itself as being a humane and respectful country
  • I believe we have to work with other world leaders and countries to solve the big problems of living including immigration, protecting our natural resources, lands, water, and air, space exploration, and how we share and use the Earth's resources.
  • I believe people should get to choose how they live as long as their choices don't harm others.
While I believe I share common values with other Americans and I know that I don't have all the answers, I also believe that we have to work together as a people with respect, civil discourse and debate, and our common vision to make good decisions, revise laws, and continue to develop a strong country that supports human dignity and the common value of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all.

I also believe we have to consider our increasing interdependence as a world and our need to work together to make that interdependence peaceful and proactive for all the world's citizens. 

I believe we are a good people who can do better. This is a challenging time for the United States as we debate our course of action at a time when it appears that a foreign adversary is trying to disrupt our unity, ideals, and freedom. What we choose now, how we act, and what we promote will make a big difference for the future of our country and world--we need to be courageous advocates of the American ideal, the country's laws, and the good men and women who are working for our best interests. This matters. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Time to Impeach Trump

Is President Trump Demonstrating Fidelity to the Oath of Office?

Trump Times: Indictment