See Color: Politics at Home and Afar

Too often we forget to see the many varied colors of a situation. Instead we see with an either/or mindset, one or the other. We forget that there are so many paths towards what it means to live well and promote what is right and good.

As I think of my small role in the political realm, the role of citizen today, I am thinking about who I am and what I believe in.

Yvonne Spicer for Mayor of Framingham, MA
First, I'm voting for Yvonne Spicer for Framingham's first mayor. She's got a forward reaching vision--I honor her work and commitment, and think she will make the best first mayor of Framingham, a new city that has tremendous potential to continue and uplift conditions for good living for all of its citizens.

Conditions for Excellence for EVERY Massachusetts Public School and Student
At the state level, I'm listening carefully to our many political leaders, and haven't joined one movement or another with the exception of being a member of the Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA). I value a strong public school system that serves all of its students well. I am not a fan of profit-motivated and other private school ventures beyond their ability to consult or assist public schools from time to time if public boards choose that route.

Please step down, President Trump
Nationally, I can't wait for the day when President Trump steps down. His demeaning and disrespectful demeanor, attitude, and action with regard to our nation's values, laws, and diversity are offensive to most of us, and our country will be much better off without him.

Save the Environment
I honor all that so many citizens are doing to protect our environment. I want to increase my activity in this arena.

Uplift Living Conditions for ALL Citizens
I support an increased minimum wage, optimal health care for all at affordable prices, quality living conditions, access to healthy food, and safe, enjoyable communities for all citizens.

Bottom line is that we all live such a short time. I think the big, exciting mathematical problem of our times is to elevate the standard of living for all people in ways that matter. There's many ways to live well, and I support our efforts to promote life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all Americans and world citizens in this regard.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Time to Impeach Trump

Is President Trump Demonstrating Fidelity to the Oath of Office?

Trump Times: Indictment